The objective of this role is to ensure accuracy of clients billing, timely collection, proper recording, accrual and reporting of revenue data, coordination with IT on billing data and automation of processes, setting pricing, billing and collection standards with commercial team. This includes identification and prevention of revenue leakages, potential causes of
customer dissatisfaction, and managing end-to-end resolution of all issues,processes and solutions taking into account the needs of our business functions and channels. The incumbent manages the whole billing and collection team composed of analysts/officers.
The position will collaborate with Account Managers to understand customer, market and services that affect the revenues. The position will work with billing team to address challenges in the revenue cycle and implement solutions. The position requires a highly motivated, analytical, detail oriented individual who can support multiple priorities and work well with cross-
The role also acts as a Controller, who coordinates with the different groups within the organization to ensure all issues towards profitability are addressed.
● Manages a team of analysts/officers in –charge of billing and collection.Ensures their development and equip them with the right tools and systems to perform their roles.
● Provide recommendations towards sustained revenue growth and overall profitability to senior management and executive level team members
● Participate in business process changes that may affect the company’s ability to accurately and timely bill clients, monitor/ collect revenues
● Continuously work to understand and mitigate losses to ensure the highest levels of revenue recognition. Maintain in-depth understanding of industry trends relative to revenue assurance practices. Promote quality assurance for all processes impacting revenue.
● Partner with Commercial, Engineering, IT, and Operations to design, develop and implement best practices to minimize revenue leakage
● Perform regular reconciliation and analysis of revenue streams
● Monitor billing and collection processes for accuracy and timeliness
● Create queries and reports to support ongoing monitoring of initiatives as well as ad-hoc reports as required
● Develop key performance metrics for the team and continuously monitor accomplishments
● Understand and aggregate revenue assurance activities across the business and ensure they are working effectively
● Analyze data/reports to identify opportunities and areas for improvement
● 5-7 years of direct experience in revenue assurance, billing and collection
● 3-5 years of managerial/supervisory or controllership functions
● Advanced level experience in developing business processes and other management tools/systems
● Graduate of Finance related or other equivalent courses.
● Advanced level of user in MS Office applications, particularly MS Excel
● Highly analytical, collaborative and pleasing personality.