Do you thrive in an environment focused on innovation, continuous delivery and platform services? Interested in defining and designing the next generation of systems for Entrego?
Our Software Engineering team is at the heart of Entrego’s business. We have the flexibility to make the technology choices that best provide customer value to clients. As a member of the team, you’ll be involved in these choices. As an example, most teams build RESTful services, typically with simple APIs using JSON. These are usually built on the JVM with Java but some pick Scala, Clojure and Kotlin. We are also decomposing our services into micro-systems to make things easier to maintain and continually deploy. When appropriate, the teams build event-driven, streaming architectures and we also have teams working on front-end solutions, generally using React.js.
We are Cloud-Native. We organize for feature velocity, so wherever appropriate, you will use AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, ElastiCache, Aurora, DynamoDB and of course EC2, ECS and S3. To further help speed things up, you’ll look to build on top of open source systems and libraries like Redis, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
About the Role
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to improve and contribute to our Logistics Solutions platform. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining new and current features, making them run in production and improving the overall quality of the code base.
What will you be doing?
- You will participate in the design, analysis, development, test, and deployment efforts for multiple enterprise application projects to solve complex business problems.
- You’ll produce scalable, flexible, efficient and supportable solutions using appropriate technologies.
- You’ll support and follow the Entrego Software Development Lifecycle.
- You will collaborate with the Software Architect, Engineers, Program and Product Managers, and Production Support in an agile development environment.
- You’ll join the development of web applications and robust well-engineered distributed systems as part of the engineering team.
- You will work with the product team to quickly prototype and iterate on new ideas – and you’ll create fast, easy-to-use, and intuitive applications.
- You will use cloud computing (AWS) to further solidify our infrastructure.
Who are we looking for?
- You bring at least 5 years of experience designing software in object-oriented programming concepts, data structures, algorithms and system level programming.
- You have Full professional English proficiency
- You’re passionate about solving customer problems, including curiosity about how things work today and passion for making them better.
- You can nimbly flex from nitty-gritty details up to the big picture to identify and communicate what truly matters.
- You are able to perform and influence code reviews as well as technical design meetings.
- You have rock solid coding skills.
- You have a team-first mentality with the ability to build and maintain strong working relationships across disciplines and organizations.
- You have a track record of successfully delivering high quality, web applications and distributed services with large transaction volume on a 24×7 operational cycle.
Technologies we use include:
- Application Framework: Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Event-Driven Platform: AWS Lambda
- Data Storage: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Logging and Monitoring: Scalyr, Splunk, ELK Stack
- Tools: Gitlab, AWS, Docker, Postman, SwaggerUI, Jira
- Continuous Integration / Delivery: Jenkins
What we offer:
- We have a diverse, international setting with teammates who are experts in various topics.
- We often conduct workshops to improve our individual skill sets, and to improve our workflow as a team.
- We have flexi-time arrangement for work.
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of one of the oldest conglomerates in the Philippines.
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- You’ll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- You will get to work with massive data sets and opportunities to learn and apply the latest big data technologies
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- Autonomy in the role and in managing your own portfolio
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of BGC.