Do you thrive in an environment focused on innovation, continuous delivery and platform services? Interested in defining and designing the next generation of systems for Entrego?
Our Software Engineering team is at the heart of Entrego’s business. We have the flexibility to make the technology choices that best provide customer value to clients. As a member of the team, you’ll be involved in these choices. As an example, most teams build RESTful services, typically with simple APIs using JSON. These are usually built on the JVM with Java but some pick Scala, Clojure and Kotlin. We are also decomposing our services into micro-systems to make things easier to maintain and continually deploy. When appropriate, the teams build event-driven, streaming architectures and we also have teams working on front-end solutions, generally using React.js.
We are Cloud-Native. We organize for feature velocity, so wherever appropriate, you will use AWS services like Lambda, Kinesis, ElastiCache, Aurora, DynamoDB and of course EC2, ECS and S3. To further help speed things up, you’ll look to build on top of open source systems and libraries like Redis, Cassandra, and DynamoDB.
About the Role
We are looking for an Software Engineer to improve and contribute to our Logistics solution platform. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining new and current features, making them run in production and improving the overall quality of the code base.
You will be responsible for:
- You’ll design, implement and maintain features for the Logistics Solutions platform
- You’ll ensure proper source control, documentation, testing and quality assurance processes are followed to maintain high data integrity.
- You’ll solve problems with the data platform (optimizations, back-end data issues, reconciliations).
- You’ll Respond to ad hoc data requests and conduct analysis to provide valuable insights to partner groups, including product, operations and finance.
- 3+ years Software Development work experience (Java experience strongly preferred)
- 3+ years creating and supporting Web Services in a high transactional environment
- Experience in developing software using Dependency Injection Frameworks.
- First class communication skills in written and verbal form
- Prior experience with Logistics Platforms, e-Commerce systems, Payments Solutions and Providers is a big plus.
- Experience developing fault tolerant distributed systems is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Agile Software Development mechanics.
- Background in Service Oriented Architecture implementation, service versioning, and backward compatibility
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to produce across your team and beyond.
- Rock solid coding skills
- Strong Object Oriented Programming concepts, data structure, algorithms, and system level programming (including multi-threaded programming)
- Thorough understanding of Software Development Lifecycle and methodologies
- Ability to articulate technical design decisions and software implementation in technical forums
- Knowledge of performance testing, application tuning and load testing
- A degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Technologies we use include:
- Application Framework: Spring MVC, Spring Boot
- Event-Driven Platform: AWS Lambda
- Data Storage: PostgreSQL, DynamoDB
- Logging and Monitoring: Scalyr, Splunk, ELK Stack
- Tools: Gitlab, AWS, Docker, Postman, SwaggerUI, Jira
- Continuous Integration / Delivery: Jenkins
What we offer:
- We have a diverse, international setting with teammates who are experts in various topics.
We often conduct workshops to improve our individual skill sets, and to improve our workflow as a team.
- We have flexi-time arrangement for work.
- We have many of the best bits of a start-up but with the resources of one of the oldest conglomerates in the Philippines.
- We work hard to create a supportive, collaborative, and fulfilling place where you can progress your career
- You’ll get to work with some spectacular people both from the technology team and wider business
- You will get to work with massive data sets and opportunities to learn and apply the latest big data technologies
- We want everyone on our team to have the tools and resources to succeed in their career
- Autonomy in the role and in managing your own portfolio
- We get to do all of this in a lovely, comfortable office in a nice, central part of BGC.