Solution design is the engineering power behind every new customer requirement in contract logistics. Warehouse activities and value added services required? Which type of storage fits our customers needs the best? Solving these type of questions are done by our solution design engineers. They are the brains that transform an idea into a warehouse solution.
We are looking for a technical, versatile and open minded team player to support our commercial team. He/She is responsible for the transformation of customer needs and ideas into a priced proposal. That includes customer visits, pricing calculation, layout design, big data analysis, preparation and presenting to our customers. The role reports to the Director of contract logistics.
You will be responsible for:
- Manage projects and develop solutions in response to customer requirements for contract logistics
- Manage and complete proposals and RFQ (Request for quotation) within the given time frame by the customer by proper project management
- Fulfill the data analysis and pricing calculations for the warehouse and or transportation proposals
- Align with internal operations, IT and other departments on the proposed solution
- Plot and define warehouse design and layout according to individual customer fit
- Develop process mapping and optimization suggestions as improvement options for the proposal
- Present solutions to the client and internal stakeholders
- The position requires local travels to customer meetings around 10-20% of the time
- At least 2 year(s) of working experience in the related field is required for this position with a business degree
- Logistics background (good and hands-on understanding of the operation in a warehouse or supply chain)
- Good analytical skills and big data analysis
- Perfect in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint (or equivalent tools) by applying various formulas to analyse data.
- Goes the extra miles to understand and meet customer expectations
- Demonstrates a strong service mentality
- Takes initiative to propose innovations and improvements
- Builds strong working relationships
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Team player to work with different in-house departments