To achieve trading base and profitable revenue growth through the development of face to face and over the phone, long term customer relationships enabling high levels of retention and acquisition of new business within the Small, Medium and Large customer classifications.
Market Place Information
- To gather competitor and customer data through field sales activities in order to create awareness of local market trends and competitor activities.
- Interacts with customers, face to face, to establish market information specific to them
- Observe local market trends and relates impacts upon the customers
- Collects competitor intelligence e.g. Rate Tariffs, brochures, etc.
- Shares information within the sales team to improve the ability of yourself and others to identify the most applicable Entrego service against competitor product offers
- Passes on the information gathered to Marketing for further analysis
- To win and develop Small, Medium and Large customers within a specific geographic territory in order to generate and meet revenue targets within the guidelines set out within the commercial policy and centrally agreed sales processes in order to meet both individual and team activity and productivity activity standards.
- Plans and prepare for sales visits to both existing and prospect customers e.g. contact person, address trading history etc.
- Performs visits to appropriate contacts within existing and prospect customers according to the standard activity standards and centrally agreed sales processes
- Consistently presents the full range of products, services and technologies to every customer
- Wins new customers through the closing of business on Standard Rates
- Develops existing customers via up selling or cross selling
Customer Relationship Management
- To ensure we keep and develop Small, medium and large customers within a specific geographic territory through building lasting relationships and enhancing customer satisfaction
- Forms professional and appropriate relationships within customer organisations through face to face contact in order to meet customer needs
- Provides a channel of communication between Entrego and it’s customer, facilitating resolutions of complaints and queries (i.e. service failures, invoice queries)
- Spefically performs follow-up visits with existing Medium and Large customers
- Ensures customers are kept up to date with relevant company information and reports, where applicable
- Establishes appropriate relationships and communicates with other relevant functional areas
- To perform all sales administration activities in order to maintain accurate information essential to sustain revenue and customer service
- Acts upon information provided by the Commercial department relating to e.g. Uptraders and Downtraders, customers not trading to profile, etc. in consultation with other sales channel
- Accurately completes sales reports within the agreed time frames
- Completes and updates customer information and documentation as required by the business
- Accurately updates the Sales system (CRM) on a timely basis in order to ensure complete and current client information is held
- Reviews sales performance and prepare presentations as necessary for sales meeting and weekly debriefs
- Provides inputs as required into the Monthly Sales Review
Necessary Technical/Functional Skills:
- Business to business selling skills
- Communications capability at a senior/board level, both internally and externally
- Ability to interpret and apply Value Based Management principles, financial reporting
Preferred Experience and Knowledge:
- Degree Level
- Preferred Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum 2 year experience doing face to face selling
- Express or Logistics Industry background an advantage
- Proven track record of achieving sales targets (personal & team)
- Organisational awareness (structure and products & services)