Solution design is the engineering power behind every new customer requirement in contract logistics. Warehouse activities and value added services required? Which type of storage fits our customers needs the best? Solving these type of questions are done by our solution design engineers. They are the brains that transform an idea into a warehouse solution.
We are looking for a technical, versatile and open minded team player to support our commercial team. The Solution design engineer is part of the contract logistics team. He/She is responsible for the transformation of customer needs and ideas into a priced proposal. That includes customer visits, pricing calculation, layout design, big data analysis, presentation preparation and presenting to our customers. The role reports to the Director of contract logistics.
You will be responsible for:
- Data analysis and pricing calculations
- Warehouse design
- Process mapping and optimization
- Presentation preparation
- Customer presentations
- RFQ (Request for proposal) handling
- Business degree in economics
- Logistics background (good and hands-on understanding of the operation in a warehouse)
- Good analytical skills and big data analysis
- Perfect in MS Excel and MS PowerPoint (or equivalent tools) by applying various formulas to analyse data
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Team player to work with different in-house departments