ENTREGO GROUP and its freight forwarding and courier and express parcel management subsidiary Entrego Express Corporation and contract logistics affiliate Entrego Logistics Corporation (individually and/or collectively “ENTREGO”) appreciate your visit at our website and are pleased about your interest in ENTREGO and its products and services.
It is important to us that we can protect your personal data during your whole stay and throughout the business process.
Please know that in processing your personal data or information, ENTREGO complies with the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (“Data Privacy Act”), its implementing Rules and Regulations (“IRR”), and other relevant policies and issuances of the National Privacy Commission (“NPC”).
Allow us to explain further what personal information ENTREGO collects when you visit us and how we use them.
A. What is the scope of this Policy?
This Policy applies to the collection, use, storage, transfer, and destruction of all personal data collected and processed by the Company.
B. What do the terms found in this Policy mean?
When you find these terms in this Policy, please note their definitions as follows:
Employees, customers, suppliers, or other external parties whose personal data are processed by the Company
Data Sharing Agreement
Contract, joint issuance, or any similar document that contains the terms and conditions of a data-sharing arrangement between two or more personal information controllers
Collective term for personal information and sensitive personal information, including privileged information
Any information from which the identity of an individual can be reasonably and directly determined, or when put together with other information could certainly and directly identify an individual
Personal Information Controller (PIC)
Any natural or juridical person or any other body who controls the processing of personal data or instructs another to process personal data on its behalf. The PIC is the Company
Personal Information Processor (PIP)
Any natural or juridical person, or any other body to whom a personal information controller may outsource or outsources the processing of personal data
Any operation performed on personal data including, but not limited to, collection, recording, organization, storage, updating or modification, retrieval, consultation, use, consolidation, blocking, erasure, or destruction of data
Sensitive Personal Information
Personal information that is:
C. Processing of Personal Data:
1. When do we collect Personal Data?
We may collect Your Personal Data when You:
- Access our website or perform online transactions with us.
- Sign up for and use our services.
- Wish to be part of our pool of service providers.
- Interact with us.
- Apply for a job in ENTREGO.
- Request that we contact You or to communicate with us.
- Request assistance from our customer support team or other information from us
- Respond to our initiatives or participate in activities where we may require information about You.
- Complete surveys or give us feedback.
- Submit your Personal Data to us for any other reason.
Please be mindful, however, that when You submit personal data on behalf of another individual or concerns another individual other than Yourself, You are representing and warranting to us that you have obtained the necessary consent of said individual: (i) for You to collect their Personal Data; (ii) for You to share the same with ENTREGO, its partners and the third parties indicated later; and (iii) to the processing (for specific purposes applicable) of their Personal Data by ENTREGO, its partners and the third parties indicated later, and that You have retained proof of these consents, which proof shall be provided to us upon our request.
2. What data or information do we collect?
We collect and process the following types of personal data, among others:
- Service Usage from website Data which includes the time of use/interaction, interaction with the features, contents, and links; browser type and configuration, and IP addresses, links visited, browsing activities.
- Account-Related Information upon signing up for our Services which includes full name, address, mobile/phone number, and email address.
- Employment-Related Information which includes contact information, employment/ business/organizational affiliation, personal details, employment history, educational background, biometric information, filial relations, gender, date of birth, religion, ethnicity, civil status, citizenship, physical medical history, administrative/criminal records, copies of government-issued IDs, payroll information.
- Business Related Information which includes contact information and employment and/or business affiliation of our clients and officers/employees representing or affiliated with our partners, suppliers, vendors, investors or other business contacts, credit history, bank account information, Securities and Exchange Commission, Department of Trade and Industry, Bureau of Internal Revenue documents, clearance, and permits issued by government agencies.
3. Why do we collect and process the above Personal Data?
We collect and process data for purposes You have consented to, and we have been authorized for. If we need to process your Personal Data for any other purpose to which you have not consented, we will ask for your further permission or consent prior to using your Personal Data for the new purpose.
We also collect and process personal date for the purposes of operating the website, delivering the services you have requested, and complying with applicable laws, rules and regulations.
Further examples of our purposes are the following:
a. Investors, Partners, Client, and other Business Contracts – For purposes of:
- Conducting accreditation, background investigation, and due diligence.
- Fulfilling its duties and responsibilities under the contracts.
- Protecting and defending our rights under the laws.
b. Employees, Consultants, Independent Contractors – For purposes of:
- Background investigation (i.e., identifying the identity and qualification of the employees or applicant).
- Human Resource and Administrative Department’s Records (i.e., required staffing, alignment of qualifications to vacancies).
- Complying with the contracts and fulfilling its obligations with the government agencies (i.e., BIR, SSS, PhilHealth, Pag-Ibig).
- Protecting and defending our rights under the laws.
4. Do we disclose Your Personal Data?
Information about You or our customers is an integral part of our business. We do not rent, sell, or lease Your personal or business information to anyone. We share Your information only with entities that control, are controlled by, or under common control with ENTREGO, and as described below:
a. Agents. We employ other companies and people to perform tasks on our behalf (e.g. third-party service providers) and may need to share your information with them to provide products or services. Our service providers and their selected staff, are only allowed to access and use your personal data on our behalf for the specific tasks that they have been requested to carry out, based on our instructions, and are required to keep your personal data confidential and secured. E.g.:
- Automated payroll processing and management to ensure timely and proper compensation as wells as compliance with existing employment regulations.
- Automated and manual human resource database and benefits management systems.
- Online Portal/Application-based facilities.
- External professional advice and consultation including audits, legal assessments, comparative compensation studies and evaluations.
- Other financial, technical, and administrative services such as information technology, payroll, accounting, sales administration, procurement, training, and other services.
b. Protection of ENTREGO and Others. We may share information when we believe in good faith that such is necessary to: (i) comply with the law; (ii) enforce our agreements; or (iii) protect the rights, property, or safety of ENTREGO, our employees, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for crime and/or fraud protection.
c. With Your Consent. Except as required by law, we will not use or disclose your personal data for any purpose for which you have not given us your consent or later withdraw your consent. It will not disclose such information to any person unless with consent of the Data Subject and legally bound to do so by the legal authorities.
Please know that we remain responsible over the above personal data disclosed or transferred to third parties or another person, whether domestic or international. When we do so, we exercise due diligence and take reasonable steps to ensure that the recipient will protect the personal data consistent the principals stated in this Policy, the Data Privacy Act and its related regulations and NPC issuances. In addition, we make sure that such third parties are contractually obligated to comply with the requirements of the Data Privacy Act and shall process your data strictly in accordance with the purposes enumerated above.
5. Are the Personal Data we process secured?
All personal data collected, used and stored by ENTREGO is maintained in a corporate data center and/or otherwise subject to reasonable and customary information security protections. We implement reasonable and appropriate security measures to maintain the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of personal data and protect them against any accidental or unlawful destruction, alteration, and disclosure, as well as against any other unlawful processing. To guarantee this, only employees or contractors who need customer information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All our employees and contractors are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
We also ensure that the personal data under our control or custody are kept current and complete to the extent necessary for the purposes of use.
We only use the personal data we collect in a manner compatible with the declared, specified, and legitimate purpose. We may require the processing of personal data for other purposes but shall do so as permitted by law or consented to by You or the relevant data subject.
6. How long does ENTREGO retain my Personal Data? What will happen upon expiration of the retention period?
Records of personal data are stored and retained in our database in accordance with the retention, storage and protection policies established by ENTREGO.
Moreover, we only retain personal data as permitted by law and for as long as necessary for:
- the fulfillment of the declared, specified, and legitimate purpose,
- the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, and/or
- legitimate business purposes which are consistent with the industry standards followed by ENTREGO or approved by appropriate government agency/ies.
Appropriate disposal or destruction procedures shall be performed upon expiration of the applicable retention period.
D. Your rights as Data Subject?
As data subject, you have the following rights:
1. Right to be Informed
You have the right to be informed whether personal data pertaining to You shall be, are being, or have been processed, including the existence of automated decision-making, profiling, processing, storage, retention, disposal.
2. Right to Object
You have the right to object to the processing of Your personal data which may include suspension, withdrawal, and request for destruction of personal data in the possession of ENTREGO which is unlawfully processed.
3. Right to Access and Rectification
You have the right to access or demand access to view of practically everything that will happen to your personal data, which includes but are not limited to the description of the personal data, purpose, collection process, use, distribution, disclosure, storage, disposal, and destruction.
4. Right to Rectification
You have the right to dispute, under reasonable circumstances, the inaccuracies or errors in your personal data and have it corrected immediately and accordingly.
5. Right to Dispute/Erasure
You have the right to dispute any errors, mistakes, inaccuracy in the data processed by ENTREGO.
6. Right to Data Portability
Where Your personal data are processed by electronic means and in a structured and commonly used format, You shall have the right to obtain from the personal information controller a copy of such data in an electronic or structured format that is commonly used and allows for Your further use.
7. Right to Damages
You have the right to be indemnified for a violation of their rights and freedoms
E. How do You exercise the above rights and reach out to us?
One of our main objectives is to provide you with a convenient way to access your personal data and exercise Your rights under the law. You may send an email to our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) if you need assistance in exercising any of Your rights provided above concerning Your personal data being processed by us.
You may reach our DPO through the following contact information:
Data Protection Officer
ENTREGO, Level 2, B6 Building, Bonifacio High Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig City
Likewise, if You feel that any personal information about You that has been collected and stored by ENTREGO might be wrong, or You would like for us to remove You from our systems or You wish to withdraw Your consent to any use or disclosure of Your personal data as set out in this Policy, please notify us through our DPO so that we may correct or delete the information.
Note, however, that changes and deletion of Your personal data from our records shall only be done if within justifiable means and cause. To protect information from malicious or accidental destruction, residual copies from active servers and records found in backup system may not be immediately deleted but within reasonable time of which you will be notified.
Please be aware that, if you withdraw your consent to any or all use or disclosure of your personal data, depending on the nature of your request, we may not be able to continue any business relationship with you. This may also result in the termination of any agreement we may have with each other. ENTREGO’s legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved should that happen.
F. How should we treat Third-Party Sites linked to this website?
G. What if there are changes to this Policy?
We may amend this Policy from time to time. Use of information we collect now is subject to the Policy in effect at the time such information is used. If we make changes to our Policy, we will notify You by posting the revised notice on the website or sending you an email, if needed, so you are always aware of what information we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances, if any, it is disclosed. You are responsible for maintaining your awareness of any such amendments to this Policy as so posted or notified.
Updated on October 01, 2021.